Friday, June 14, 2013

Big News

No, I'm not pregnant!  Geez, why is that the first thing everyone asks???

For our family and friends that are far away, this blog has become our 'conversation' and an easy way to stay in touch.  Some of you have already heard the news, many of you have not, but we ask for your prayers and blessings in the coming months.

Patrick has accepted a position with Bank of Oklahoma.  Yes, you read that state correctly.  We will be leaving Texas and moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma by the end of this summer.

Before Cohen, the hours between us and family were do-able and realistic.  However, Cohen deserves to be a bit closer to both sets of his grandparents, six of his aunts/uncles, and two of his cousins.  We have been 'chewing' over this move for many months now and it seems, with Patrick's new job, to be really happening!

I have turned in my resignation to my school district and plan to pursue a different path in Tulsa.  I will be opening my own retail store - and eco-reusable-crunchy-baby awesome sort of place - and am excited to eventually have the flexibility to do things with Cohen and my family.  (If you are interested look at the Nappy Shoppe or the Green Bambino for more of an idea.)  I haven't really come to terms with leaving the profession that I love just yet.  I am hopeful that eventually I can work music back into my life - maybe performing, teaching, who knows!?  Patrick's job here in Dallas was being sold, so he was looking for a new job already.  This BOK position is really exciting for him and he will start on July 1.  Basically, we were in a transitional period and the timing just seems right for us to do this now.

I would say of the 3 moves we have done thus far, this one is the hardest one but will have the best reward.  When I think about leaving our friends and church here I get so emotional- I'm just not ready to say goodbye just yet.  So I'll save the sappy stuff for another post :-)

Tomorrow we are off to Florida to celebrate my family, my grandfather, our fathers, and my big 3-0.  Fun times ;-)

Blessings,




No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers