Monday, April 7, 2014

Walk to Emmaus

De Colores ;-)

I'm back from my weekend retreat away, and was going to write a quick facebook post, but I think that I would have used too many words!

I was gone from Thursday night to Sunday night, and I have a follow-up gathering tomorrow.  It was INCREDIBLY difficult to be away from my family and Cohen without any access to them....however...it was also INCREDIBLE to get away and re-focus and refresh.

Some highlights from my three-day journey included:
1. Not knowing the time.  I really really enjoyed this - and although we knew when the sun was up or down, never really knowing how late we were in the chapel or what time we were taking morning showers was such a strange surprise.
2.  I had zero anxiety this trip.  I never worried.  I knew I would be fed (physically and spiritually), I would get rest, and I even got a few workouts in!  For those of you that know me well, one of my 'gifts' is being a worrier.  Haha. 
3.  I met some amazing women that are all a little piece of me now.  We will be reconnecting in an accountability group very soon.
4. Getting to come home and love on Cohen.  I received a picture of him during the weekend and bawled like a baby - In my world of iPhone pictures, face-time, and seeing him daily, the fact that NONE of those tools were available was extremely difficult.  I could just hug his little cheeks every moment of the last 12 hours (if he'd let me!)

I'm exhausted - mentally and physically.  I slept last night for 10 hours and I still feel like I could sleep all day.  However, I feel renewed and needed the reminders from the retreat to keep the faith, grow in grace and share God's love with all people.

And for those of you that have been on an Emmaus walk, I need ideas for how to incorporate those dang roosters, cluck-hens and babe-chicks in my home decor. Bwahahahahah!!!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers