Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Coach Summit, Part Two

Part two...
I actually considered doing a blog post for each day, there was THAT much fun.  Kinda glad I didn't right now ;-)

 If you missed Part One, see it here.

By Friday morning, I had been there about 48 hours and was beginning to feel the effects of no sleep, the time zone change, and a few late night beverages. But in Vegas, the expectation is to push through, right? Riiiiight??!!!

Each day we had a series of workouts we could chose to do with the trainers that we normally only see on our TV.  We had heard rumors of getting in line hours beforehand. Did I mention that the workouts were already scheduled for 6am?!?! Needless to say, we didn't get into our first few choices and had to settle omg I never ever wanted to do for Insanity. 
This is about 1/100th of the line that circled around the hotel, outside and around the parking lot...

Insanity = Insane

Trying to get hyped up for Shaun T.
I did enjoy our time with Shaun, especially when it was over!  Our clothes came off after the 8 minute warm-up kicked all of our butts and we needed sweat rags.  I think I am still feeling some of the side effects from all the burpees and spider lunges.  But we did it, and I finished my first..and last...Insanity workout ;-)
Me, Ashley, Rebekah and Erin
And because what would convention be without a little shopping?  My goal next year is to have a rank high enough to get into this little shopping heaven without waiting in the lines. I got some cool new workout gear and prizes for the team. 
The "CORE" aka retail therapy after Insanity
Even as coaches, we had to wait until 6pm for the release of PiYO and the 3-day cleanse.  I couldn't wait to get back to our hotel room to try out the new stuff! Woot!
That night was our Team Courage celebration...so we started the evening at a cool burger joint. We'd been eating Kind Bars and living off Shakeology so eating a real meal was super yummy!
The tall girls club again..plus, I think we are pretty hot!
Sommer and Chad put on this great little night for all of us at Senor Frogs, near Treasure Island.  Walking 2 miles down the strip and then dancing all night did a number on our feet, but at least we burned off that burger and drink!!
Me and my upline, Sommer Tucker.  She's amazing....!!


Speaking of drinks, this was a watermelon, vodka and dry ice creation that the entire table shared.  Yes, yes, it was as good as it looked.  And the dry ice steamed  the entire hour at dinner! Such a cool drink!
Here is the super workout, literally hours after we got home from Senor Frogs.  It was outside and we got to experience about 20 minutes of each trainer on stage.  We were in the waaaay back so maybe you'll see me on the next infomercial for PiYO or P90! Ha!
Look at her cute belly!!

Did I tell you we fueled off Shakeology for nearly every meal?  I carried packets with me and mixed them in my shaker cup, but my coach Kristin was smart and brought a blender.... We always tell our clients to have a small snack before a party.  So I may or may not have decided to make a fun-before-the-cocktail-party drink...
What? Nutrition and a margarita at the same time?

Pretty tasty ;-) Strawberry shakeo-rita!!
The very last night was our final celebration. What is that?  Something WAY more fun than the TBA BBQ (Sorry, guys.  Maybe we should do this in San Antonio?)

We all met up for the last announcements in a general session before heading to a club.  I use the term club loosely...it was a huge convention hall that fit all nine-thousand of us, plus dancefloors and bars. 
All dressed up before the general session

Only a few people here...right??

Team Dream Big Summit 2014: Kristin, April, Rebekah, Erin, Me, Ashley, and Jamie
Seriously, so fun. And so rewarding.  I had a blast and can't wait until next year to do it all again...but better.  ;-)  I love my new job..hahahahahaha!
 

Nice shoes!!!!





2 comments :

  1. I need to know more about the strawberry shakeo-rita......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Rachel - it was super yummy ;-) And I used the Vegan formula, so its obviously nutritiously delicious...

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers