Friday, September 19, 2014

A month away...

So I was away from home...for a MONTH.  And I had a great time..but a MONTH was WAAAAY too long!


Teachers right before our last day's recital!  Cindy, Me, 
I got to teach at the annual Flute Frenzy camp in Allen.  We get a bunch of amazing teachers and students together to embrace just being us.  (You flute players know what I mean).  I love getting to teach and change lives, even if its only a few hours a day.

I sooo enjoyed teaching, visiting, and running this month in various cities of the great state of Texas. But honestly, as I am sitting here at the airport, I am beyond ready to get home to my little family and a routine.

Just a few highlights from my road trip 2014...

Cohen decided HE wanted to come to flute camp, too.
Our running crew at TBA 2014

TBA...aka Texas Bandmasters Association..aka the BEST few days with friends every year.  I even go to clinics and watch concerts on occasion, still.  This year was special because we all ran the 5k together in a friendly competition. The girl's lost, but we had a great time talking smack and paying for their dinner..not...oh well.  There's always next year!
Photobomed by Ray Hilley- me, Barb O and Amanda
When I got back to Houston to teach some band camp stuff, I also got to hang out with some of my coaches on my beachbody team.  When we all got up to leave after dinner we realized ....

that EVERY.  SINGLE. ONE. of us had a coach purse. Great minds think alike in more than one way, right?

Speaking of, from a nutritional perspective it was TOUGH to eat right when I wasn't in my own kitchen.  Plus, we were having social gatherings every night that included at least one glass of wine or a cocktail.  I did keep up my PiYO and running but just barely... Here I mixed my shake with water before flute sectionals IN MY OLD COFFEE CUP.  #dontjudge #addictedtocleaneating #icannotmissmyshakeology
The hardest part? Being away from this sweet boy.  I made it through most days because I have this awesome app called 'FaceTime' ;-) Heard of it? Sometimes when I would 'call' Cohen would get really upset because he could see me but he knew I wasn't there.  It broke my heart...

However, he was in good hands and I am not sure he missed me all that much ;0) Both sets of grandparents, Miss Susan, and some awesome friends covered days for me that I was out of town!


Crazy morning hair but he say good morning momma!
Patrick and Cohen got to fly down for a weekend to visit me and our new niece, Parker.  We had fun at the neat places around the Woodlands, for sure.
I just love him...sposies while traveling..don't judge.
All in all, I'm glad to be home.  And even more I am finally in a place that i can truly say I am following my passion.  I still get to be a musician and teach, a mom and a wife, and a coach to help others.  #blessed

No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers