Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Anderson, your name...

I still miss her most days, but especially on Sundays. Those afternoon talks were part of our routine, and even though she's not answered the phone in ten months, I still sometimes catch myself wanting to call. It's her birthday today and my time hop app is reminding me of her again...

If you haven't read our story about Babi telling me we were pregnant, you can read that here. Being so close, I knew we would be naming this child, in some way, after her. 

Those first 4 months of pregnancy were so so much different than with Cohen. I would have sworn baby G2 was a girl. 

And then, he wasn't. :)

In that moment during the ultrasound, my first thought was HOW are we going to name him?!? Elizabeth just wasn't going to cut it. Obviously. 

My Babi's name was Elizabeth Havlik. But her Slovak name was Alzbeta Checova. So we made our list of names...

Elias
Eli
Elijah
(For obvious reasons)

Blake and Braeden 
(Because Babi started with a B)

And then we got creative..
Anderson Allen and Cole
(Because we could use her initials!)

Anderson is just a name we liked, nothing more...and it started with the appropriate letter. Cole because it's similar to my name AND his big brother's name. 

Anderson Cole after Alzbeta Checova. 

So there you have him. 

And a little piece of my Babi too <3





No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers