Sunday, March 1, 2015

Expecting YOU, our number TWO

October 2014, the hardest month really of my life...and yet hope...

The beginning...

A week before Babi passed she told me I was pregnant with you.  Seeing as how we had been waiting on you for many many months, I just understood her dementia and moved on.  Little did I know...


The last picture I have with my Babi
 Shortly after her passing, I had a pre-planned trip to Dallas to visit friends.  I thought about canceling it, but without plans to have a funeral, it was nice to just get out of town.  We got to see most of our friends with Halloween activities, and teaching, and running...of course ;-)

Dyan and I are actually pregnant currently; both with boys, and both conversing about it over a glass of wine (obviously before we knew haha!) Lots of secret texts those first few weeks with this girl! Plus we are due days apart this July!
Dyan and I ...hmmm
Baby's FIRST race....we ran a 10K in Frisco that weekend I was visiting with Ray and Lucy.  It was hot and they were out of water, but at least we had each other, right? Plus, I knew I needed to get some longer runs in before my half marathon in a month. Again, did not know about you here..yet...

Got home from traveling, missing my Babi and writing blog posts.  I had a few tests laying around and thought...meh..I should just test and see.

yup, no denying that one!

 I had a few days to plan out how to tell Patrick and Cohen (no I didn't spill the beans right away). I kept it Babi's and I's secret for a few days first...she was the one who told me, so those smiles I kept for her.  Anyway, we were preparing for Halloween that week so I found this cute idea on pinterest.  I had it all done and set up when Patrick came home from work!
Surprise!
 Cohen wore this shirt when we told Patrick, my parents, and then the rest of the family.


 Our first appointment was at 8 weeks pregnant although they dated us much earlier.  We actually waited until our 12 week scan for a due date because the OB here wanted to be sure.  I had a c-section the last time and want to try for a VBAC with this one..so dating is important to avoid added risks. We knew baby would be summer...just didn't know an exact date until the next ultrasound!

Your first picture! Gotta love technology!
 Although that appointment was supposed to be a happy one, we also found out that financially the coming holiday season was going to be pretty tough one.  Patrick had some job searching to do, and we went to the park to decompress a bit.  Don't ask me why we took a selfie that day- maybe to prove we were going to be ok? (still hard, by the way) God had some interesting timing with this one.
 I confided in my coaching team pretty early on about the job news, and not the pregnancy at all. I was still reeling from Babi's death and with the holidays upon us, just not feeling super joyful (and also had started morning sickness)  Anyway, my teammate Michelle had sent me this package in the midst of it all. She had no idea we were pregnant, but wanted to brighten my day ... soooo...I got to tell her that her gift would be used a bit sooner than we thought! So fun!

 One of the last training pics I took before you started taking over my body.  I am hoping that by the end of 2015 I can get back to this strength...and maybe even have an ab or two haha!!

Baby's second race! Completed my third half marathon at 8 weeks pregnant.  BEST RACE EVER. I had hoped to continue running but about 4 weeks later had some significant bleeding that put me on pelvic rest. More about that later...
hid the baby bump?
 Morning sickness and all day nausea, plus I was stinkin tired...such a different pregnancy than with Cohen.  I could have sworn you were a girl and planned to name you after my Babi.  Shakeology and naps pretty much got me through Christmas. I couldn't workout for 4 weeks so I really just tried to hang on for the ride!


 Showing faster with this one...already had a bump around 7/8 weeks. So long those abs I worked so hard for...
Brothers..?

















We announced after our 12 week appointment and got the all clear.  Official due date will be July 4th and we made Christmas cards to tell our friends and family.  We posted on Facebook about a week or so later!
Facebook annoucement

our number TWO!

The Christmas card we sent out!




1 comment :

  1. Whenever fashionable handbag has to be your a weakness with your vision pop up banner prada replica point in time in reality an individual suspending at a amazing tricep / bicep, buy it with eurohandbags. Fashionable affordable handbags for a perfect during reasonable price tags. The webs retail outlet gives a reliable golfing grip regarding most of that’s crisp and clean, the new direction together with most certainly magnificent fashionable affordable handbags. Whenever a gucci replica everyone the baby on your behalf could extensively fuss across the on line store’s excessive number of impressive top selling designer purses together with fashionable affordable handbags. Any trendy Hermes affordable handbags, any work focused Louis Vuitton affordable handbags, any stylish Gucci affordable handbags, go-ahead Miu Miu affordable handbags, and also oh-so beautiful Prada affordable handbags happen to be just some of any incredible fashionable affordable handbags galore for eurohandbags. For anybody who is the fact that heady utilizing fashionable chanel replica, right here is the webpage on your behalf. Eurohandbags deliver exactly what you need when you need it the majority. As well as fashionable affordable handbags, the webs retail outlet comprises any up-to-the-minute traits during Chloe backpack together with handbag varieties. Lip-smacking bit of phone numbers these types of compartment designer purses, fantastic synthetic leather designer purses together with affordable handbags, realistic Prada affordable handbags, statement-making Gucci affordable handbags together with brilliantly matelasse Miu Miu synthetic leather hobo. For chanel replica the mouth area could standard water across the must-have fashionable affordable handbags together with designer purses. Right here is the sorts of being addicted fashionable affordable handbags you will not get embarrassed for. Gucci affordable handbags tend to make a bearing together with Louis Vuitton louis vuitton replica happen to be at all times perfect if quite possibly all through lousy frizzy hair days or weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers