Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Shamrock Shake!

A friend of mine (thanks Nichole) posted an alternative to McDonald's green shamrock shake on my Facebook feed last week. I promised I would try it...

And then I lost the recipe..

And then I was up all night/morning with a stomach-sick kiddo...

BUT

I had already purchased the ingredients and I didn't want to waste them; plus I was more than a little curious about drinking a 'healthy' milkshake.

Here's what I used:

1 cup ice
1 cup light canned coconut milk (the stuff in the milk aisle has too many additives and preservatives)
1 cup spinach
1/2 banana (frozen if you can, I keep frozen ones on hand for my daily Shakeology)
1/2 avocado
2 drops peppermint essential oil (I used the mint leaves because I didn't want to ingest EO while pregnant)
1 inch real vanilla bean (you could also use vanilla extract....the sugar in the alcohol is not whole30 compliant)

I had to adjust and add some more mint leaves and I probably would have used a little less avocado. I think my avocado was a bit ripe and so the flavor stuck out a bit.
I love my ninja...it even blended the dried vanilla pod!

It made a nice creamy green milkshake for St. Patrick's Day! It wasn't 'sweet' like the ice-cream ones you are thinking of, but it did taste great.  I realized it was lunch time so I added my vanilla shakeology packet to it.  Hey, I'm juggling washing dirty sheets and blankets and clothes...gotta multi-task when I can!

OHMEGERD.
To. Die. For. #NoYouCannotHaveMine

That took it OVER the top. 

And let me say, I am NOT a fan of vanilla shakeology...I much prefer the chocolate or strawberry versions.  Plus, for my fans that don't have access to shakeology today, I still wanted to see if the first posted recipe was good.  and it is...

but NOTHING as good as my lunch I am currently drinking.  

#ShamrockFakeShake

1 comment :

  1. When the Once World war period of time set about, any hermes replica were definitely these days highly developed high-performing mobile or portable agrees with this were specially designed together with developed by any United nations The earth. Employing the suitable 100 years, one simple Gundam was initially gift, which had been any SYSTEM-99 (WD-M01) Gundam. Any Fable for Zelda (typically known as Zeruda hardly any Densetsu during the Japanese people brand) may be a xbox game range that have been approximately meant for around two decades. It can be a huge fable video tutorial gucci replica which includes Connection, some sort of elf adventurer, who may be specified the position for keeping everything with many criminals together with antagonists. It can be a dramatically famous match having generated many Zelda products and services alongside Fable for Zelda stage louis vuitton replica hats. During every one match, the gamer is going to eliminate alongside loads of foes, eliminate many vague ideas, together with engage many other personalities in an effort to access the chief person in charge together with finished this venture. Any series' power to comprise many components with numerous match genres has got in reality made possible it all that will bit by bit cultivate together with adapt to any obstacles for brand-new boards, empowering more enjoyable gucci replica meant for devotees within the range. That which is Zelda? Zelda may be a huge hermes birkin replica xbox game range which had been first started assistance programs were 1986 meant for Manufacturers, however , have been well-accepted quite possibly to this day.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers