Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


This post is about my momma – my incredible, amazing, loving momma.  I am going to try to do this a day early because her gift will be a couple days late (sorry, mom!) P.S. I know I am a total blog slacker - sorry!

Every year around Mother’s day, we find a nice card and some pampering place and send it via snail mail to her.  We take her out to lunch if we are in town, and sometimes send flowers.  Ya know, the usual mom stuff.

But this year is different.  I’ve been thinking about Mother’s day for at least a month.  Not in the gift-giving-Sunday-May thinking, but in the spirit of the holiday.  I want to recognize my mom… hang with me here.  I’m not much of a writer (more of a do-er, ya know).

Everyone said having Cohen would change my life.  It did.  And it does.  And it still does every day.  Having Cohen also changed my perspective about my own parents, and especially my mom.  I never understood ‘mother’ until Cohen came into my life.  Celebrating on one measly Sunday in May just doesn’t seem to do her justice.  I mean, if she loves me even half of what I love Cohen, then I am surely the luckiest daughter on the planet.  And if she loves me that much, then how much more has she loved me all these years???


To my mom,

I love you more than words.  I remember thinking I’ll never do that like you, and now, I’m just like you.  I never knew you loved me this much- and now I truly understand.  I love you too.  If I could give you the moon and back by tomorrow, I would.  Actually, I’ll work on figuring out how to get that to you….soon ;-)  Happy Mother’s Day.  Thank you for supporting me and my little family. Thank you for loving me when I wasn’t so lovable.  Thank you for being my mom. 

For every diaper you changed (and will change with grandbabies!!)
For every load of laundry.
For finishing our breakfast dished each morning before school.
For picking me up from the bus.
For moving me – even though I hated it – because it made me a better person.
For hugging me when I didn’t want to.
For being strict when I needed it.
For taking me to church, and nurturing my relationship with Christ.
For praying for me and with me.
For loving my husband like your own son.
For loving my child.
For being my mom.

I love you.  Happy mother’s day.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers