Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Quick Mommy Update

Hi all ;-)  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.  I thought I would just give you a bit of an update and also ask for some accountability.  We are officially in lose-the-baby-weight mode!

First off, the pain of my section has really decreased.  I'm on ibprofen at random times to help with the pain, but its usually because I have over done it that day.  Most days in Maui I had to upgrade to the higher octane drugs because I over did it...all the time...but it was worth it. :0)  Most of the painful things around the house include things using my waist.  I've gotten good at picking things up off the floor with my feet because bending is still pretty uncomfortable.  Also, getting things out of the dryer and bending to put dishes in the dishwasher are things that Patrick helps me with...and I love his support for sure!  Most other things I am doing ok at now.  Finally!

My swelling is way down, but I still have pitting in my lower extremities.  I only notice it when I cross my legs or have something sitting on them because they leave a mark.  Grossness.  However, my pretty feet are back to normal and I saw my ankles for the first time since MAY!  I missed those feet...now if the rest of me would just shrink down as quickly.

I have graduated from extremely elevated (using 5 pillows to sleep at night) to sleeping on my side!  I still can't sleep flat, but most people I talk to said to be patient and it will come.

On food....I'm loving coffee again and hating gluten.  I really thought I was over it, and just got really sick the weekend we came back from Maui.  So...its back to GF and I feel SOOOO much better.  Thank you to my friends and family for bringing us gluten free meals this week.  I can't tell you how much its appreciated.

And finally, I am beginning the process of getting my pre-baby body back into shape.  Although I haven't been cleared to exercise yet, I am watching my calories to see how much I am eating.  I won't cut back too much as we are still working on breastfeeding, but its a start!  I'm thinking about blogging on Friday's for weight update.  Oh, and I just signed up for my first race in February - a 15K. Anyone want to join me???

Blessings,



1 comment :

  1. You seem to be doing great. Give your self time to lose that baby weight! Mine hung on for what seemed like forever but it does come off... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers