Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Craving

For the last 2 months or so I've been eating Gluten free (for me) and dairy free (for Cohen).  For the most part, I have adjusted well.  I've found that eating the same thing for most meals works best because I don't have to think about it.  Going out to eat has proven to be a challenge.  Most managers will work with me, but I still have this worry in the back of my mind that the food touched butter...and will Cohen pay for it later.

All that said, I've been complaining about not getting to eat dessert.  Ever.  Think of the things you could 'normally' eat on your cheat day:  cookies, cake, ice-cream, frozen yogurt, candy...the list goes on.  All the yummy holiday goodies were a no-go for me. Here my whining yet??

I have a wonderful band parent whose family also eats gluten free, Jennifer Cinquepalmi.  Last summer she had me over to her home and we talked recipes and diet considerations one afternoon.  I ordered both of her cookbooks, and let me tell you, they are the BEST.

I had the inspiration this weekend to finally make a dessert that I could eat.  A real dessert. A you-must-go-running-there-are-so-many-calories dessert ;-)  Last night Cohen was cooperating and soooooo

TA-DA!! Behold the molten cake!
Before turning them over

After taking a bite...sorry this out of order...look at that yummy gooeyness!

Coconut Ice Cream and a Strawberry for good measure
If you want to purchase her books, you can find them here.  I have both The Complete Book of Gluten-Free Cooking and Gluten-Free Deliciously by her.  The Molten Cake recipe is in the latter one.

Oh, and Cohen slept through the night (only got up once) last night.  I'm thinking I'll need to eat this more often if its puts him to sleep.  Just sayin'

Blessings ;-)




No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers