Friday, September 7, 2012

36 weeks!



Marination time: 36 weeks, or ‘term.’  My books say these next 7 days are the difference between ‘term’ and ‘full term.’  Either way, we are looking at DAYS, people!

Fruit/Size of the week: Watermelon (19 to 22 in and 6.5 lbs) We have our growth scan tomorrow, and I think he’s probably a bit bigger than 6.5 lbs.  The steroid shots for his lungs also speed up fat deposits so I bet we are above the average this week.

Movement: I am singing “Low Rider” in my head most days at this point.  Usually the low movements only bother me when I go from sitting to standing and I think that’s more gravity that Cohen actually moving.  When his head isn’t bothering me, he likes to flip his little butt from my left side to my right.  No real kicks any more, either, just pushes and shoves.  I guess he’s running right out of room!

Cravings: Sleep.  Sitting.  To not be so hot all the time (I have NO idea what we are doing at over 100 degrees in September!!!)

Annoyances:
-Getting comfortable in bed is almost a memory at this point.  It doesn’t matter how many pillows or wedges I cram into the bed, I still wake up almost every hour or two to rearrange. 
·      -Because he is so low, my bladder is being high maintenance…but so far my students just laugh when I have to make a quick potty break before the next class!
·      -More swelling this week – I’ve noticed even my fake wedding rings (that are 1-2 sizes larger than my real ones) are getting uncomfortably tight by mid-afternoon.
·      -Strep B came back positive so I’ll be getting antibiotics during delivery.  I know its not a big deal, but I’m still annoyed ;-) and I TOTALLY blame the hormones!

Belly Button – Still in ;-) and I don’t think its going anywhere!  The book says I won’t get any bigger than I am right now belly-wise.  Cohen will grow each day, but with him also getting lower, my belly won’t be bearing the brunt of the weight! Patrick is still holding out for the tell-tale sign of ‘doneness’ ha!

Highlights
·      -Not baby related, but we have actually had a couple REAL band rehearsals at this point and that makes me happy ;-)  Plus, I feel like each day I have with my students is another day I’ve set them up right before passing them off.
·      -Tomorrow is our growth scan and 36 week appointment.  I am excited to see how far I’ve progressed in a week and possibly talk about induction dates!
·      -My band parents have been talking about throwing us a shower for months now, and today is the day.  I’ll do a separate post on that later, but I do feel loved and appreciated.  Its going to be a good day

Blessings!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers