Friday, September 14, 2012

37 weeks: Full Term!

Marination Time: 37 weeks



Fruit/Size of the week: A watermelon.  Interestingly enough for the next 3 weeks, the watermelon just gets larger.  I guess its the largest fruit/veggie that the app could think of!  We saw the high risk OB on Tuesday afternoon and she estimated he is already 7 lbs 7 oz....for those of you keeping track, that almost a one-pound gain in a week.  I freaked out on the table, and she assured me its probably because of the difference of machines.  His head also measured at 40w3d, that's three weeks ahead of schedule, so I'm going to ask my OB tomorrow about what that means.   I'd like to avoid the c-section so Maui can happen.....

Movement: Same as the last few weeks.  He moves his butt from side to side, but his hands and head are always low.  His legs like to find a crevice below my right ribs to push off of.  Its not painful, but it is weird to feel him stretching against me.

Cravings: Cookies-n-Cream.  I blame Brooke Grall - she brought us dinner this week with these cookies-n-cream cupcakes.  YUMMY!  So, I wanted ice cream the next night ;-) sounds good, right?  My taste buds have been a bit off since being at home.  My usual meals of Dr. Pepper, yogurt, apples and goldfish just don't sound good.  Today I had grilled cheese and yellow bell peppers......weird.

Annoyances:  This is part of what I typed on Tuesday - it has been edited since I have had time to calm down :-)
" I called my OB's office in the morning, thank goodness, because they forgot to tell me we had an appointment at a high risk OB's office THAT afternoon.  Insert deep breath here....Then another nurse calls to let me know they have pushed back the induction date to the 23/24 of September.  That is TWO FULL weeks of bed rest.  That is THREE days earlier than the original, you-don't-have-high-BP-everything-is-normal induction, date of the 27th.  That is FOUR weeks past the 'safe-zone' that my OB said she was fine if he delivered (thus I was allowed to go back to work).  Herein lies my frustration.  I'm not sure how I can be high risk and no risk in the same sentence.  In fact, I'm feeling a bit like I am paying for all these extra sonograms as an end-of-pregnancy-bonus to the medical community.  Not to mention that I am already stir crazy, taking unpaid leave, checking my BP (which has been normal.....its probably a bit high from the drama today ;-) ) and making plans for how this affect the end of my maternity leave."

It was probably a good thing my doctor wasn't in the office that day.  Patrick had to call on my behalf a few times because I was a bit crazy hysterical overly dramatic FRUSTRATED.  You aren't surprised, are you?!?

Belly Button: Same, flat ;-) Stretch marks noticeable on the left side of my belly and on my right leg.  Ugh. Anyone have any remedies for helping them turn white after I have the baby?

Highlights:  The ultrasound on Tuesday was nothing short of awesome.  It was 45 minutes in length- at least 40 minutes longer than the ones at my doctor's office.  She was so good to point out every detail of his little body - we are the 'unusual' patient in a high risk office, she's used to looking at sick babies, so her and her nurse were enjoying pointing out all his 'normalities!' We saw Cohen has hair, that his face looks a lot like his cousin Fin, and that he apparently didn't like us taking his picture (see middle finger picture below!)

Seriously, he looks like his cousin, and those cheeks are already huge!
 A lateral view of his foot.  Looks like a Grafton foot to me...Havlik feet have way higher arches! Yay for not having to deal with shin splints like his mama when he starts running...
 And finally, we had his whole hand waving and then....yup...that would be his middle finger.  Does it look like his finger nails are already too long? I think he was feeling the same way towards doctors as his mama was that day!

Blessings!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers