Friday, September 7, 2012

Early maternity leave

Today we had our 36 week appointment at oh-dawn-thirty (6:45am) and it was....surprising.

The sonogram was fun.  Cohen is weighing 6 lbs 9 oz as of today and she said he has a big head.  I groaned, and the sweet lady replied, "Tall husbands make babies with large heads."  Great- why does Patrick have to be tall?  And why did I JUST find this out??? LOL

The doctor checked my blood pressure and my cervix.  No change with either, and the blood pressure thing is really bothering her.  So, she came in and put me on bed rest until Cohen is delivered.  I begged.  I pleaded, everything short of paying her off, and she stood her ground.  I would vent about him needing to come now, but I'm no doctor and Patrick said to just listen and sit still.  I hate not being in charge!  So, I'm officially on maternity leave.  I have been a bit panicked today as I don't know what to do next and I was really hoping to get another week with my students. But, my lesson plans are done and I do have an email account and a cell phone to help with the band hall until Cohen makes his arrival.

Speaking of his arrival, if he doesn't come by September 19th, then we are inducing that night.  September 20th is only 13 days away...and that makes me a bit nervous.  We got special preference on the schedule due to high BP so I guess that is one positive about this whole appointment.

Next week I plan to do lots of scrapbooking and blogging before I have no time ;-) Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Blessings!

1 comment :

  1. I have the same problem...tall husband and baby with a big head. Part of the reason they ended up inducing me early! Praying for you! Doesn't sound like fun but try to relax. I feel like God has been telling me to "be still" a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers