Monday, December 31, 2012

Cohen's First Christmas (P.1)

Cohen's First Christmas.  Our First Christmas as parents.   Lots of firsts here near the end of 2012.  I have split this special holiday into three parts so that we can really document what our crazy schedule was like ;-) This first session brought to you by his parents.

Cohen's first christmas, mommy and daddy-style.

Since our adorable three-month old didn't really have gift requests this year, we decided to exchange gifts between his parents for him.  Here were the rules:
1.     $50 limit total on gifts
2.     Find three gifts for Cohen
3.     ‘Give’ them to Cohen on Christmas morning (we’d open the other’s gifts)
 
This way there was still an element of surprise on our part, and we could get some meaningful gifts for him this year.

Here’s what my (super momma!) plan was:

-       Namebubbles.com - I found the daycare pack of labels and ordered Cohen blue and yellow ones!  They have a sun as the little picture on it, and they are super cute.  Since we've been taking him to the nursery and on play-dates, its time for everything to get labeled.  Patrick thought this was fabulous.

 A blanket - I know, I know.  Baby's DO NOT need any more blankets.  Actually, this one is for both of us ;-)  During our late night feedings in the nursery, I aways get cold.  I've been using an old blanket from college, but it didn't match the nursery.  And lets be honest - the blanket HAD to match the nursery.  I found this one at TJMaxx - such a steal!

 An Amber Bead Necklace - I've gone all crunchy on my parenting style I guess.  We heard about these a while ago and they are supposed to be great for teething.  He wears his now so that when he gets to that point, he doesn't realize its on him and pull on it.  So far we've gotten grief from our friends and family about choking hazards.  I'm going to check with the pediatrician again on Thursday to make sure its safe....








Here’s Patrick’s (sentimental daddy) gift list!

- Cohen's first ornament - I'm so proud that he thought of this all on his own.  In fact, I was feeling a little guilty for not having bought Cohen one before the season started.  I love how this porcelain disk ended up!


 Sock Monkey - Patrick got this one personalized just for our cute baby ;-)  He doesn't have that many stuffed animals, and hubbie thinks sock monkeys are adorable, so this was a logical gift from him!

Nightlight - We noticed that Cohen was fussy when we turned off the lights in the nursery before bed.  If we kept the closet light on, he would sooth himself to sleep.  Patrick found this perfect solution as his third gift.  It projects stars on the ceiling while giving a soft light to the room.  Cohen just stares at the stars. ;-)  Our only issue is finding a good place in the nursery to put it.  Right now it sits in the crib because Cohen isn't mobile yet, but the time for rolling over it soon, so we are going to have to come up with a better place for it!

Merry Christmas - I think the 'Santas' did a great job this year ;-)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers