Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Cohen Necklace

When I saw my mommy friends' necklaces, I knew once Cohen came I would want one for him as well. Patrick and I ordered this about 2 weeks after Cohens birthday....and it came in about a week ago. The custom order was worth the wait (kinda like our babies?!?) because it is just perfect.

The two charms stand for me and him. The sapphire is his birthstone, and the pearl is mine. Although I did learn that all mommy necklaces have pearls because its supposed to represent motherhood.

The three concentric circles all have custom sayings. The smallest circle just has the sun symbol. This matches with the largest circle's saying 'you are my sunshine, my only sunshine.' The largest circle also has his birth stats - they are 'hidden' from view. The middle circle has his given name and his birthday is hidden from view.

I'm hoping wearing this makes going back to work a bit easier this week. It's the first time I've been away for more than a couple hours in almost 11 months (counting pregnancy here!)

A shout out to Heather at the Silver Wing (find her on etsy!) for making me a beautiful necklace. If you order from her I promise you will not be disappointed!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers