Friday, August 17, 2012

33 weeks!

Marination Time:  33 weeks 1 day today ;-) only 6 more days to make it to 34, the first goal!

Fruit/Size of the week: Pineappple (19-22 inches long and 4.9 lbs) according to my pregnancy app.  However, we know he is 4 lbs 12 oz right now and will have another measurement on Monday at our next sono!
 Or, for those of you that know our little Olivia, Mr. Cohen is equal in weight to her! Ollie's the one on the left.  Bella is on the right and is pushing 8 pounds, so Cohen should be her size at birth. Ah, these two have NO IDEA what is coming!


Maternity Clothes: Yup, and comfy clothes this week since I'm sitting at home on my rear.

Movement: He's a bit quieter this week.  Maybe he's running out of room?  I can feel where his back and butt are, and sometime where a foot or two manages to stretch.  His hiccups are still really low since he is head down and sometimes his hands tickle my sides.

Cravings:  The steroid shot made me SUPER hungry for a few days.  I wanted anything carbohydrate packed.  In fact, I have strawberry cake and banana bread baked ready to eat at 2am if needed ;-)  I've had some great friends bring me lunch and keep me occupied for a bit- yummy sandwiches and some good girl time!

Annoyances:  If you know me, you know that this week was NOT part of the plan.  I am just annoyed in general that I can't do anything...but I know Cohen's worth it.  I just don't believe he's coming soon, maybe wishful thinking, but I need these extra few weeks!  I've really been working on lesson planning and getting stuff in order just in case.  Its been hard because I'm not allowed to drive, do laundry or clean, so I'm just stuck here with lists.  And if you know my hubbie, you know lists aren't exactly HIS thing ;-) so we will just learn to cope over the next few days.  Also, my heartburn has returned with a vengeance - we saw hair on the sonogram so maybe thats what is causing it!

Belly Button: Flat and more stretch marks.  Boo!

Highlights: Let's focus on the positive, shall we?
Even though the fFN test was positive I am showing no other signs of early labor = good!
I get a forced break before school starts to really sit down and put whatever it is I do on paper for the sub/staff = hard work, but worth it!
My hospital bag is really packed.  Like Cohen could come today and I have everything in there that I need!
I have fabulous friends and family that are checking in on us to make sure we don't go stir crazy = blessed!
We got to see cute little Cohen on the ultrasound - his cheeks and ears were adorable!! AND we get to see him again in less than a week!
The hospital moved our breastfeeding class up to yesterday....just to be safe! = Another thing crossed off the list and we learned a lot.  Now if Cohen will just bake a bit longer, we won't have to worry about the whole NICU feeding stuff.
We got an in house tour during our brief stay at Labor and Delivery.  I know what to pack and what to bring and where to go! = Preparedness for my a-type personality!

1 comment :

  1. Praying for y'all! Wish I could help out with some of those other things.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers