Monday, August 6, 2012

OKC Shower!

April showers bring May flowers….or in our case, August showers bring September babies!!

Our family and close friends in Oklahoma threw Cohen a baby shower this past weekend.  It was held at a little place in Edmond called The Tea Room – a place that my BFF Serina had her shower almost 7 years ago!  It’s such a neat place.  Patrick said its like walking into an estrogen factory.  Little quaint tables with real china tea-cups and scones at your place setting.  They have a million different types of tea that you can try and/or purchase along with a very girlie gift shop.
Here I am with Cohen's Lady and Cici ;-)

Anyway, my sister in law, Kara, my friend Serina and my mom hosted with a private tea-room in the back.  It was nice and quiet, cool, and such a fun time.  We got to have lots of catch up discussions between old friends, some talk about cellulite (love ya Ashley!!), and probably some talk about anticipating Cohen – ha!  Here I am with my hostesses.  We didn't mean to match, but I guess we think alike (plus purple and black look really good here!)

Kara had these ADORABLE cupcakes made to match Cohen’s room.  I’m not sure the picture does it justice, but there is glitter on most of the fondant...and some chevron patterns thrown in.  I just LOVED them!

We had chicken salad, soup, and salad after our lemon crumpet.  YUMMY!


I was so glad my mom was there to help - she had to leave immediately afterwards to go prepare for Sunday's services, but it was nice to get to see her if only for a few more hours.  She made us a hand-painted piggy bank with Cohen's name on it!  Super sweet!

Cohen's now part of the 'cool' club - we got our very own Sophie the Giraffe!!
 This is Serina and I catching up before everyone got there.  Can you tell its a tea-room?  Overly girlie and so unique.  I love this place!

 Cohen is already spoiled and he’s not even here yet.  Thank you everyone for your love and support.  We can’t wait for Cohen to get her (I think especially me!)  We were able to finish our cloth diaper stash this weekend as well!  More on that to come….


No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers