Thursday, August 30, 2012

35 and 35



Marination Time:  35 weeks and only 35 days to go...although if we make it all the way to 39 weeks, I technically only have 28 days!

Fruit/Size of the week: Large Cantaloupe (19 – 22 inches and 6 pounds)

Movement: This week he is pushing and stretching more instead of kicking.  His butt usually sits high on my right side, and I’m pretty sure he kicked my ribs square in the middle of my diaphragm yesterday.  Its uncomfortable, and sometimes catches me off guard, but it doesn’t hurt.

Cravings:  Dr. Pepper, Sleep, and sitting down. (see below)

Annoyances:  In my naivety, I just assumed that teaching this fall would be the same as it was when I left in May.  Ha! Teaching nine months preggo is an experience.  I’m great in the mornings until around 2pm.  By the time I have swaggered my way to the car to go home, I am beyond D.O.N.E.  Call me worthless the rest of the day.  I crave a nap and to sit down rather than dinner at 6:00!  It didn’t help that this week I’ve had band two nights until at least 7:30 pm (not counting the football game tomorrow) and our birthing class on Tuesday until after nine.  But the good news is, I accomplished all of that and I'm still pregnant!

Belly Button: Still flat and no new stretch marks from last week.  Thank goodness!

Highlights:
  •  I am really glad I made it to the first week of school, and am hoping to make it through a couple more.  Its so fun to see my students return, and to get to meet all my new 6th graders!   We will have more of a routine down by the end of next week and then I can relax about going into this whole labor-you-are-really-going-to-have-a-baby thing.
  •  Our car seat safety class is Saturday and they are going to install it so then its really R.E.A.L. 
  • Annnnnnd…..our nursery is done ;-) I’m going to do a separate post on all the dirty details over the weekend.  But for a sneak peak…



We are going to the doctor tomorrow for another weekly appointment.  I don’t know why, but I am pretty anxious about it.  Part of me really wants there to be no change in anything so I can teach this entire month….and part of me is really excited to finally get to meet our son.  So, hopefully tomorrow I’ll have an update for you!

To all my teacher friends, one more day and we’ve made it through the first week of school!! I can't wait until week 2 ;-)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers