Monday, August 20, 2012

All Clear

And.....

we got the all clear this evening from my doctor!

Apparently my OB has only had one other patient have a positive fFN test out of all the tests she has given.  That patient had her baby within 48 hours.  THIS would explain why they were so freaked out (and thus freaked US out) about my positive test.  She apologized during our visit but wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

In fact, the three nurses at the front recognized us and called us the "FFN couple."  One of the ladies said news travels fast when a positive shows up.  I said I was sorry to disappoint and that the positive test didn't do a whole lot to me.  I am VERY obviously STILL pregnant ;-)

I asked if she would run the test again and she will not.  By the time 2 weeks is up from the original test, I will be past the 34 week mark and be on the safe side to give birth.  We have weekly appointments from now until the end and she will just have to continue to check my cervix to make sure nothing has changed.  But in the words of our sonographer, "You're plenty long enough to go 45 weeks preggo!" Um, thanks, but no.  We will definitely NOT be going that long!

I am cleared to go back to work as long as I take it easy.  Hmmmm, now how to teach full band while sitting with my feet up.  That will be a challenge!  I am excited to finally get to go to school and start the ball rolling.  I have really wanted all along to start the year off right, and now it looks like I'll get to do just that!

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.  Have a wonderful week!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers