Sunday, August 26, 2012

You Are My Sunshine

A week ago today our friends here in Dallas threw us a "You Are My Sunshine" baby shower.  I had cleared coming to it by my doctor since I was still on bed rest, and it was so great to get out of the house and see people!!

I love this picture ;-)  Patrick was there on guard duty (and to keep John occupied during an estrogen-take-over) since I was on bed rest.  He just made sure I sat down, drank lots of water, and didn't have to get up for snacking or retrieving things.  I am really glad he was there - it was nice to share the excitement with him.  After all, he is partially responsible for this whole pregnancy thing!
Me and my cute sash that Katie bought for me.  We were so blessed by our friends...and Cohen's room is nearly complete (hopefully I can blog about that this coming week!)


 We had several friends from our Sunday School class come to the party.  Cohen will make baby number 4 (Katie's is baby number 5!) so we have had lots of good baby time over the past few months.  This is Patrick getting some Addison time before she had to leave.  I think I'm going to have a hard time prying my son from his father's hold.  Doesn't he just look like a natural?!?!

A long time ago, before we knew boy or girl, I found an idea on Etsy to make an alphabet wall in the nursery.  They are simple wooden letters in all sizes and fonts that looked really great up on a plain wall.  I was going to just order them pre-painted and done, but I thought it would be a fun thing to have all our friends paint a letter for him.  Plus, each person could be unique and write a saying or their name on the back of a letter.  The girls set up a painting table and we all got to work!

 Joy Ferguson, Christina Chapman, Regina Bagwell and Dina Dunn painting letters for Cohen's room!  Look at those cute polka-dots on the "R"!
 Patrick making a letter...and yes, the boys did break out a few beers ;-)  I guess its the best way to cope with 20 + women in one place!  Patrick painting an orange 'g' as well.  Cohen's going to like orange...
 I am painting the 'W' for his middle name.  I also did the C - can't wait to see what all these look like all in order!
 Katie Lewis painted lots of letters for us...and then we all pitched in to cover the 6 or so letters that went unpainted at the end of the party.
 The finished W for William!

I don't have a picture of all three of my hostesses yet...when I get the second round of photos in, I'll do a follow up blog post!  Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Christina, Katie and Susan for making us feel so loved ;-)  Ya'll rock!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers