Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cici and Petco Shower!

Huh?  What did you say read?

Yup, that would be my parent's chosen names for 'grandma' and 'grandpa.'

Cici - My mom's first name is Cindy, so this seemed to fit well.  Plus, I think the word grandma or grandmother is just too much for her to take in.  I really think she's still in shock that I'm pregnant...and that she will be a Cici!  Anyway, someone at the church shower found this logo...we didn't even think about the pizza joint. I think I will make a knock-off shirt for her to wear ;-)



Petco - This one is a bit more difficult to explain.  My dad is part Czechoslovakian, so his parents have a very heavy accent.  His given name, Peter, translates into roughly Pet-Co...something we have been calling him for a while as a nickname.  The name just seemed to fit when we were

So my mother's church wanted to honor these first-time grandparents with a small shower.  We drove up to Tulsa on Saturday (July 21st) to be there with them.  It just so happens that was Mom's birthday as well, so we had double the reason to celebrate!  It was so sweet and nice to see everyone, and boy, her church LOVES her!  She had over 50 people there, and enough gifts to fill the car plus some.  I think she is all set!

Here is picture overload!  Sorry!

Me and my parents (Cici and Petco)


The Cake!  If you can read it, it has their names in yellow icing in the center!
An action shot of the church parlor- early on: I stopped counting when we had to put more places to sit.
Me and my lil sis, Laura.  Audrey couldn't make it because it was a Saturday, and you know what hairdressers are doing on Saturdays!  But we missed her!
I guess they were really excited about whatever gift this is!

More precious gifts - we were so spoiled!
Proud future-parents ;-) I still can't believe Cohen will be here so soon!
When we got home, mom had to sort everything out in the living room.  In fact, she made the grand-baby room in less than 24 hours complete with everything put away.  Now she's just waiting for the baby!  

Anyway, New Haven UMC was beyond gracious for hosting and showering our family with such love.  It was fun and we are so blessed ;-)

Have a great week!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers