Thursday, July 5, 2012

My First Mother's Day


My First Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day 2012
I really don’t feel like I deserve to celebrate this holiday this year- I haven’t done any of the hard work!  My pregnancy has been a breeze and I don’t know that I feel like a momma yet.
But, nonetheless, my adorable husband wanted to make a big deal of the day.  So here’s what we did for my very first mother’s day ;-)
We, I mean Cohen and I, woke up early.  Then we got hubbie out of bed because we were STARVING as usual.   I had a card from Cohen on my nightstand that had my gift inside.  Cohen let me choose between two charms from James Avery for my bracelet and I chose the one below!
http://www.genuinelygrafton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/its-a-boy.jpg
We got dressed up for church and then went to Mimi’s for breakfast early.  I didn’t want to fight the lunch crowds, so we thought we would go early.  It was still a 20-minute wait, but the stuffed French toast was worth the wait!  Plus, we bought muffins to bring to our Sunday school class to celebrate with them – we have 4 expecting mammas in that group now!
http://www.genuinelygrafton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/french-toast-300x300.jpg
If Cohen’s gift wasn’t enough, my favorite hubbie spoiled me a little more that afternoon.  I am a Vera Bradley lover – for SURE – but I really have not felt like I wanted a baby bag from them.  I have been researching the Kate Spade, Coach and JuJuBee bags for several months.  Since we have a Coach outlet right by the house, we decided to go and look to see if I liked any of them ;-) Well, little did we know that not only did they have my bag, but it was $50 off for the holiday!  Wahoo!  So…..here is my other gift ;-)
http://www.genuinelygrafton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/coach-bag-white.jpg
I’d say I was spoiled rotten this year. How was your mother's day?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers