Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Houston Shower :-)

We had our first baby shower with our friends and family in Houston this past weekend and it was SO much fun!


Patrick and I hadn't really been back in a long time to just see friends, it was always just to deal with more house drama, so we were looking forward to seeing everyone.  I wish I had taken more pictures, but we were too busy talking with all our guests!

Amanda and Debra hosted it for us at La Madeline, and they did such a great job!  We had yummy snacks, and sweet cupcakes made by another dear friend, Allison Wiggins (Again, NO pictures - boo!)

We had friends from my parent's old 'hang' out group, from my first neighborhood growing up in the Woodlands, our Coppercrest crew, our band directors and so many more friends.  To say we are blessed to have so many that love us is an understatement.  Not that the gifts matter to us, but we literally couldn't fit anything else in the car on our way back to Dallas.  Cohen's room is littered with bags and cards from people that love him already!

Picture OVERLOAD!

Here is me with my hostess(es).  Amanda had a family emergency and had to leave super fast and early so she wasn't in the photo-op.  Her Dad is doing much better, and we wish him the best!

 I think Patrick cracked a joke and Debra laughed....but I like the picture and you can see the mounds of diaper cakes, gifts and balloons behind us!

Opening gifts and chatting...
 Our Ole' Coppercrest Camp! We were so excited to see them and have them there.  After the party, we stopped by for a little bit to catch up on the neighborhood drama and details on our house.  Its always hard to go back and then have to leave. :(
Amanda dutifully taking notes on our gifts - such a great time!
 Band director buddies, time to chat and get caught up! We were so glad ya'll came!
 My favorite balloon ;-)  I have really gravitated towards the whale or sea life theme for Cohen, especially in his cute clothes and towels.  Maybe I have Maui on the brain???

Thanks again to everyone!  We miss you already and can't wait to bring Cohen to meet his Houston family!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Lilypie first bday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers